TherapiesMedical Ozone Therapy
Medical Ozone Therapy
The ancient Hebrew meaning of “Ozone” is the “Breath of God“. Webster defines it as: Oxygen with a sharp, clean smell, produced by an electrical discharge in the atmosphere; Pure air. 13 Major Effects of Ozone On The Human Body
- Ozone stimulates the production of white blood cells. These cells protect the body from viruses, bacteria, fungi and cancer. Deprived of oxygen, these cells malfunction. They fail to eliminate invaders and even turn against normal, healthy cells (allergic reactions). Ozone significantly raises the oxygen levels in the blood for long periods after ozone administration; as a result, allergies have a tendency to become desensitized.
- Interferon levels are significantly increased. Interferons are globular proteins. Interferons orchestrate every aspect of the immune system. Some interferons are produced by cells infected by viruses. These interferons warn adjacent, healthy cells of the likelihood of infection; in turn, they are rendered nonpermissive host cells. In other words, they inhibit viral replication. Other interferons are produced in the muscles, connective tissue and by white blood cells. Levels of gamma interferon can be elevated 400-900% by ozone. This interferon is involved in the control of phagocytic cells that engulf and kill pathogens and abnormal cells. Interferons are FDA approved for the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B and C, Genital Warts (caused by Papillomavirus, Hairy-cell Leukemia, Karposi’s Sarcoma, Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis and Chronic Granulomatous Disease. Interferons are currently in clinical trials for Throat Warts (caused by Papillomavirus), HIV infection, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Leukemia, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, Colon tumors, Kidney tumors, Bladder Cancer, Malignant Melanoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma and Leishmaniasis. While levels induced by ozone remain safe, interferon levels that are FDA appoved (and in clinical trials) are extremely toxic.
- Ozone stimulates the production of Tumor Necrosis Factor. TNF is produced by the body when a tumor is growing. The greater the mass of the tumor the more tumor necrosis factor is produced (up to a point). When a tumor has turned metastatic, cancer cells are breaking off and being carried away by the blood and lymph. This allows the tumor to take up residence elsewhere in the body; or in other words, divide its forces. These lone cancer cells have little chance of growing due to the TNF produced to inhibit the original tumor. When the tumor is removed surgically TNF levels drop dramatically and new tumors emerge from seemingly healthy tissue.
- Ozone stimulates the secretion of IL-2. Interluekin-2 is one of the cornerstones of the immune system. It is secreted by T-helpers. In a process known as autostimulation, the IL-2 then binds to a receptor on the T-helper and causes it to produce more IL-2. Its main duty is to induce lymphocytes to differentiate and proliferate, yielding more T-helpers, T-suppressors, cytotoxic T’s, T-delayed’s and T-memory cells.
- Ozone kills most bacteria at low concentrations. The metabolism of most bacteria is on average one-seventeenth as efficient as our own. Because of this, most cannot afford to produce disposable anti-oxidant enzymes such as catalase. Very few types of bacteria can live in an environment composed of more than two percent ozone.
- Ozone is effective against all types of fungi. This includes systemic Candida albicans, athletes foot, molds, mildews, yeasts and even mushrooms.
- Ozone fights viruses in a variety of ways. As discussed above, ozone also goes after the viral particles directly. The part of the virus most sensitive to oxidation is the “reproductive structure”. This is how the virions enter the cell. With this structure inactivated, the virus is essentially “dead”. Cells already infected have a natural weakness to ozone. Due to the metabolic burden of the infection the cells can no longer produce the enzymes necessary to deal with the ozone and repair the cell.
- Ozone is antineoplastic. This means that ozone inhibits the growth of new tissue because rapidly dividing cells shift their priorities away from producing the enzymes needed to protect themselves from the ozone. Cancer cells are rapidly dividing cells and are inhibited by ozone.
- Ozone oxidizes arterial plaque. It breaks down the nnnn plaque involved in both Arteriosclerosid Arthrosclerosis. This means ozone has a tendency to clear blockages of large and even smaller vessels. This allows for better tissue oxygenation in deficient organs.
- Ozone increases the flexibility and elasticity of red blood cells. When one views a red blood cell under a microscope, it looks like a disc. In the capillaries, where they pick-up (lungs) and release (tissue) oxygen, these discs stretch out into the shape of an oval or umbrella. This aids their passage through the tiny vessels and makes the exchange of gas more efficient. The increase in flexibility of the RBC’s allows oxygen levels to stay elevated for days, even weeks after treatment with ozone.
- Ozone accelerates the Citric Acid Cycle. Also known as the Kreb’s Cycle or TCA Cycle, this is a very important step in the glycolisis of carbohydrate for energy. This takes place in the mitochonria of the cell. Most of the energy stored in glucose (sugar) is converted in this pathway.
- Ozone makes the anti-oxidant enzyme system more efficient.
- Ozone degrades petrochemicals. These chemicals have a potential to place a great burden on the immune system. They also worsen and even cause allergies and are detrimental to your long-term health.
– Dr Shallenberger WHAT DOES OZONE DO ? Ozone: – inactivates viruses, bacteria, yeast, fungus and protozoas – stimulates the immune system – supports and enhances the healing process – cleans arteries and veins, improving circulation – purifies the blood and lymph – normalizes hormone and enzyme production – reduces inflammation – reduces pain, calms the nerves – stops bleeding – prevents shock – prevents stroke damage – reduces cardiac arrhythmia – improves brain function and memory – oxidizes toxins, allowing their excretion – chelates heavy metals, working well in conjunction with EDTA – scavenges free radicals – stimulates production of enzymes that protect the cell – prevents and reverses degenerative diseases – prevents and treats communicable diseases – prevents and eliminates auto-immune diseases
- Inactivation of bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast and protozoa:
Ozone disrupts the integrity of the bacterial cell envelope through oxidation of the phospholipids and lipoproteins. to fungi, ozone inhibits cell growth at certain stages. With viruses, the ozone damages the viral capsid and disrupts the virus-to-cell contact with peroxidation. The weak enzyme coatings on cells which make them vulnerable to invasion by viruses make them susceptible to oxidation and subsequent elimination from the body.
- Enhancement of circulation:
In circulatory disease, the clumping of red blood cells hinders blood flow through the small capillaries and decreases oxygen absorption due to reduced surface area. Ozone eliminates clumping, restoring red cell flexibility, along with oxygen carrying ability.Oxygenation of the tissues increases as the arterial partial pressure increases and viscosity decreases. Ozone also oxidizes the plaque in arteries, unclogging the blood vessels.
- Stimulation of oxygen metabolism:
Ozone causes an increase in the red blood cell glycolysis rate. This leads to the stimulation of 2,3-diphosphoglycerate (2,3-DPG) which leads to an increase in the amount of oxygen released to the tissues. There is a stimulation of the production of the enzymes which act as free radical scavengers and cell wall protectors: glutathione peroxidase, catalase and superoxide dismutase. Ozone activates the Krebs cycle by enhancing oxidative carboxylation of pyruvate, stimulating production of ATP. Ozone also causes a significant reduction in NADH and helps to oxidize cytochrome C. Prostacycline, a vasodilator, is also induced by ozone.
- Formation of peroxides:
Ozone reacts with the unsaturated fatty acids of the lipid layer in cellular membranes, forming hydro peroxides. There is a synergistic effect with cellular-formed H2O2,. Lipid peroxidation products include alkoxyl and peroxyl radicals, singlet oxygen, ozonides, carbonyls, alkanes, and alkenes.
- Dissolution of malignant tumors:
Ozone inhibits tumor metabolism. In addition, ozone oxidizes the outer lipid layer of malignant cells and destroys them through cell lysis. Phagocytes produce H2O2 and hydroxyl to kill bacteria and viruses. The generation of hydroxyl by killer cells is critical to their cytotoxic capability. Ozone stimulates conversion of arginine to citrulline, nitrite and nitrate by phagocytes, promoting their action on tumors.
- Activation of the immune system:
Ozone administered at a concentration of between 30 and 50 ug/cc causes the greatest increase in the production of interferon. Higher or lower concentrations have a correspondingly lower effect. Interleukin tumor necrosis factor (TNF) is released in the greatest quantities between 30 and 50 ug/cc. The production of interleukin-2 launches an entire cascade of subsequent immunological reactions. – Dr Pressman