Medical Ozone & Prolozone Treatments
What is Ozone?
The oxygen you breathe is present in the air as a pair of oxygen atoms. This is the most stable form of oxygen, and it’s colorless.
Ozone is a blue colored form of oxygen (it’s what makes the sky blue), and unlike regular oxygen, it is composed of three oxygen atoms instead of two.
It is the addition of the third oxygen atom that makes ozone “supercharged” oxygen, and gives it all of its remarkable medical properties. The use of ozone to treat various medical conditions was first developed in Germany in the early 1950′s.
Today, medical ozone therapy is common throughout Europe, and its use has gradually been spreading in America over the last 25 years.
Ozone is toxic isn’t it?
Anything, including water and oxygen, is toxic if given in amounts that exceed the body’s capacity to utilize it. Ozone is found naturally in the body.The white cells make it as part of the immune response.Pure medical grade ozone, when it is used according to the established medical guidelines, has a safety record that is unparalleled.
Medical Properties Of Ozone
Ozone has five properties that account for why it works so well not only for macular degeneration, but also for most other chronic age related conditions as well:
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is overactive (as in auto-immune disease), ozone will calm it down. Conversely, when the immune system is under active as in cancer, AIDS, and chronic infections, ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune related messenger molecules called cytokines. Examples of cytokines are gamma interferon, interleukin-2, colony stimulating factor, and TNF-alpha just to name a few.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG).DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell.In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen.This is a common problem in diabetics.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by enhancing the flow characteristics of blood as a liquid. This effect enables more of the oxygen carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries where ultimately the cells will receive more of the oxygen they require. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions have impaired circulation.
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy including vitamin C.Most people with chronic disease have deficient antioxidant defenses.
- Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant.The fundamental underlying cause behind all degenerative disease from diabetes to heart disease to cancer is decreased mitochondrial energy production. Ozone can often correct this problem.
How is Ozone used medically?
Ozone therapy should only be used by professionals who have been fully trained in its use. Dr Haffejie and Dr Kazi have been trained in the use of ozone for medical purposes by the world renowned expert, Dr. Shallenberger, from carson city USA. Autotherapy is the most common, and in most cases the most effective way ozone is administered. The patient sits in a chair and has from 6-12 ounces of blood removed into a sterilized bottle.Then ozone is injected into the bottle, and the bottle is gently shaken, allowing the red and white blood cells to take up the ozone. The ozonated blood is then returned to the body. The entire procedure takes about 30-40 minutes.
Is Ozone Therapy for me?
This is a decision for a doctor who is trained and experienced in the medical use of ozone. Some conditions simply will not clear up unless ozone is used, and of course many conditions will clear up without ozone. Because of its many therapeutic properties, ozone can be used as part of a therapeutic plan for almost every disease.
It is invaluable in the treatment of heart disease and circulatory disorders.Chronic infections such as hepatitis-C, herpes, HIV, and AIDS respond very favorably to ozone.It is also very helpful in chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune diseases. It is important to realize that ozone therapy is not a panacea or some kind of magic bullet. Although it is often an indispensable modality, it is only rarely effective by itself. In the great majority of cases it must be combined with an individualized program of other alternative and natural therapies, such as nutrition and detoxification.
What is Prolozone?
Prolozone is derived from the Latin word “proli” which means to regenerate or rebuild, and the word ozone. Ozone is the most highly active form of oxygen in the universe. Prolozone uses the power of oxygen to cause damaged tissues, joints, ligaments, and tendons to regenerate. This usually causes a complete healing, and a permanent end to pain. Dr. Haffejie was trained in this very effective treatment.
How does Prolozone work?
The reason that some injuries completely heal and others don’t has to do with circulation. In order for a damaged area of the body to regenerate and heal, it must have the critical elements that only the blood can provide: vitamins, minerals, and oxygen. Of these, by far the most important is oxygen. Low levels of oxygen cause an accumulation of lactic acid, which is what causes pain. Prolozone works in three ways.
- First, homeopathic anti-inflammatory medications are injected into the injured area to reduce inflammation and swelling. This leads to increased circulation.
- Next, the area is treated with vitamins and minerals that are critical for healing.
- And finally, the area is infiltrated with oxygen in the form of ozone.
The result is that the tissues get what they need to heal. And as they heal, the circulation to the area is re-established, and the treatment is complete. The response to treatment varies from person to person, but most people only need from 3-5 treatments.
Is Prolozone the same as Prolotherapy?
No. Prolozone uses oxygen to create a healing. Prolotherapy uses inflammation to create the healing. Prolotherapy can be extremely painful. Pain usually persists for days to weeks after a treatment. Patients receiving Prolozone feel immediate improvement, with very little to any pain at all during the treatments. Next, prolotherapy requires many injections, whereas Prolozone only requires a few. This means that Prolozone is faster and much less expensive. Prolozone therapy is especially effective in regenerating the cartilage in damaged knees and hips. Prolotherapy is usually not able to do this.
Conditions that can be treated with Prolozone
Prolozone therapy is very effective for many different types of musculo-skeletal pain including:
- neck pain
- unresolved whiplash
- degenerated or herniated discs
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- torn tendons
- TMJ syndrome
- heel spurs
- tennis elbow
- rotator cuff tears
- knee injuries
- sports injury
Because Prolozone treatments also result in cartilage regeneration, the technique is also remarkably effective even for severe cases of osteo arthritis of the hip or knee. The good thing about Prolozone is that it is not just a treatment for pain. In many cases it may represent a permanent fix.